Too generic name of mobipocket tarball.

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jul 15 22:21:34 CEST 2011

On 07/15/2011 08:56 AM, Philip Muskovac wrote:

> We (the kubuntu team) were discussing the package name for mobipocket
> and in our opinion 'mobipocket' is a far too generic name for the
> tarball since it's not the only source that deals with mobipocket files
> and doesn't contain a "mobipocket" application either as you would think
> seeing how the other tarballs are named. Can that be renamed into
> kdegraphics-mobipocket or similiar so the tarball name has some relation
> to it's contents?

I think the only reason there is anything named with a kdegraphics-
prefix anymore, as those pieces are still coming from the classic svn
kdegraphics module.  Otherwise, tarballs are (arbitrarily) named after
their new git module.

See also the "KDE 4.7 beta 2 as monolitic tarballs." threads on this and
buildsystem lists for some background (and more gnashing of teeth)

-- rex