Kate App/Part/KWrite => kate.git

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.de
Sat Jan 29 21:32:59 CET 2011

On Saturday 29 January 2011 21:21:43 Tom Albers wrote:
> > what do others thinks? too crazy? reasonable idea? worth trying? not
> > worth the
> > hassle for packagers and developers?
>
> Worth trying. Some feedback from a packager would be nice though.
If you want that experiment, just enable ktexteditor compile in kate.git again
and remove it from kdelibs.git after conversion.

I am fine with this but might be asleep after conversion is ready.

I added already something about kate to the mail, you might add then a note
about ktexteditor moving, too.

To enable it in kate.git again is simple, just remove the var check in the
toplevel cmakelists.txt I added today.
More work will be to change the Find* scripts I think, as normaly searching
for ktexteditor is done by the FindKDE... stuff in kdelibs and I thought
changing that would not be ok in KDE 4.x.

Greetings
Christoph