KDE 4.6.0 and cmake-2.8.4-rc1

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jan 20 21:48:29 CET 2011

On Thursday 20 January 2011, Rex Dieter wrote:

> >> Looks ok to me, just built kdebase-runtime-4.5.95 with cmake-2.8.4-rc1
> >> yesterday (is that a good enough test?).
> >
> > Hmm, not necessarily.
> > Were there warnings about files being shadowed, mentioning CMP0017 issued
> > by cmake ?
>
> Yes there were lots of warnings. :(
>
> For gory details,
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/kdebase-runtime/4.5.95/3.fc15/da
>ta/logs/i686/build.log

CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:156
(INCLUDE):
  File /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindThreads.cmake includes
  /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
  (found via CMAKE_MODULE_PATH) which shadows
  /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake.  This may
  cause errors later on .
  Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module directory
  when including from there.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.

Yes, that's it exactly.

FindThreads.cmake from CMake includes FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
(short "FPHSA.cmake") from kdelibs, while it expects to include FPHSA.cmake
from cmake. This can cause breakage if the using module (FindThreads.cmake)
uses new features of FPHSA.cmake, which are not yet there in the KDE-version
of FPHSA.cmake.

This problem is fixed by setting CMP0017 to NEW.

Alex