KDE 4.6.0: go or no go?

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Jan 19 23:17:36 CET 2011

On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> Looks like we have two bugs marked as ship stopper: bug 246678 and 262274,
> so just ignoring that is a bit of a problem for me :-)

Hi,

so the general consensus seems to be against slipping the schedule and
inserting a RC3.

This means that we need to solve bug 246678. Given that there seems to be no
fix in sight (no comment in the last 14 days), can we mitigate it. is there a
way to disable whatever causes the problem by default? what would be the patch
for that?

Note that I need a solution asap, the tagging is scheduled for 23:59 UTC (aka
in ~ 2 hours), though I will likely only be able to work on this tomorrow
around noon.

Thanks,
Dirk