KDE-Edu 4.6 branch: svn or git?

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 23:12:19 CET 2011

On 08/02/2011, Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> wrote:

Hi,

> We're planning to move the kdeedu module to git soon and we will split it so
> that each application will be built on its own.
>
> Should we keep kdeedu 4.6 branch in svn in order to allow the same packaging
> than for the 4.6.0 release?

While kdelibs and kdebase are still there in SVN, they do not get any
updates anymore. So it seems 4.6 development for these modules happens
in Git now.

If it remains that way, packging will not be the same as for 4.6.0
anyway. Can we do that or is it not a good idea to switch package
layouts (as for kdebase) within one major version?

Regards