KDE 4.8 RC1 (4.7.95) tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 23 09:49:11 UTC 2011

On 23.12.11 02:54:00, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> 2. The released version of KDevelop doesn't build against the new okteta
> headers. Not sure whether that's intentional, but it breaks things in any
> case. If the incompatibility is intentional, we need an updated KDevelop.

Yes, okteta changed its API and the released KDevelop does not build
against that. KDevelop master does build against current okteta afaik
(didn't try myself).

I don't quite see what that has to do with KDE 4.8, KDevelop is not
released as part of the SC and has its own schedule. There's a new
KDevelop release planned in the not-too-distant future, but no fixed
dates yet (its in feature freeze now though).

If everything went correctly with the okteta libs then they should have
update SONAMES and hence should be co-installable with the old versions
keeping both the released kdevelop and new okteta running.

Andreas