KDE 4.8 Beta2 (4.7.90) tarballs uploaded

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Dec 7 15:44:09 UTC 2011

On Saturday 03 December 2011, Philip Muskovac wrote:

> Thanks for the tars, but shouldn't Beta2 be 4.7.85 and RC1 4.7.90?

Hi Philip,

hmm, interesting idea, I did not notice that we used .9x for RCs. I simply
switched to 90 because there are definitely less than 10 weeks until 4.8.0
release, and hence less than 10 releases. That was the "soft" rule that I used
for defining a release number.

I can keep that in mind for the future to reserve .9x for RCs.

Thanks,
Dirk