Tags for recent releases are missing in the git repositories of kdelibs and kde-workspace

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 00:06:14 UTC 2011

2011/12/4, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org>:
> On Thursday 01 December 2011 2:06:35 PM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> El Dijous, 1 de desembre de 2011, a les 20:46:35, Shlomi Fish va escriure:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > tags for recent releases of KDE (such as KDE-4.7.80) are absent in the
>> > git
>> > repositories of kdelibs and kde-workspaces:
>> >
>> > <<<
>> > snip
>> >

>> > I was told that the tags were applied to the releases locally and not
>> > pushed. This is confusing, and it should be fixed, and such a practise
>> > should be avoided into the future.
>>
>> You should read the list before complaining about something that has
>> already
>> been discussed. Please avoid that in the future.
>>
> For the record:  the tags will be pushed eventually.  But only after Dirk
> is sure the tag is operationally ok.  And sometimes Dirk needs a reminder.

Well, it's understandable that 4.7.4 are missing, since the tarballs
aren't even out yet.

However, 4.7.80 tags were already pushed to several repositiories, but
remain missing in kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kde-workspace, kde-baseapps,
kde-runtime, blinken, cantor, and probably more (I didn't check
*everything*). Especially the fact that they're on every kdeedu repo
except blinken and cantor, points at an oversight and not something
expected.

--
Nicolas