[Kde-scm-interest] git workflow draft

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Aug 28 01:27:06 UTC 2011

On Monday, August 22, 2011 11:33:49 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> Was this decided upon at some point?  I got conflicting stories from
> sysadmin and other developers.  Yesterday after migrating kdeaccessibility
> to git I was asked by a sysadmin to rename the X.Y branches to KDE/X.Y  I
> think concensus and consistency are important here.  Was there a decision
> that the official branches should be named X.Y?  Is that documented
> somewhere (I spent some time looking, but didn't find it).

Yes, this was decided (by a coin flip, natch) at a IRC meeting which was
preannounced on the various mailing lists.

The meeting itself was held 2011-Feb-13 at 18:00 (or so) U.S. EST. The
timestamp for the coin flip result was 18:51:29 on my logs (again, U.S. EST).

aseigo, bcooksley, PovAddict, Uninstall are the nearby names who could
probably attest if reminded.

My understanding was that someone was going to put the meeting results into a
Wiki (and it may have even happened ;), and that there would eventually be git
hooks implemented to ensure no KDE/x.y branches are created on official KDE
modules to make the rule self-documenting.

I'll continue to have only limited Internet connectivity until next week so I
hope this doesn't add fuel to some fire somewhere, but hopefully this helps. I
can gzip the logs I have an upload them somewhere if that's helpful.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne