Question about git repository layout + releases

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.de
Sat Oct 9 14:37:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

Kate is atm in kdesdk, KWrite in kdebase/apps and the part in kdelibs.

We played with unifying all three parts (+ the ktexteditor interfaces) in one
git repository on gitorious since some months.

It makes development much easier, given most times you need to touch all parts
(beside the interfaces).

Now the git migration is on the move and we need to leave gitorious soon (at
least else there will be problems, like there will be no longer a kde-
developers group and so on).

I would naturally like to just move the current repo to git.kde.org and later,
when the other parts of kde move remove the kate parts from
kdesdk/kdebase/libs.

I guess ktexteditor interfaces must stay there, as they are part of kdelibs
API. That can be stripped again from the kate repo if needed.

No my question: Whereas the git stuff is no problem itself, is it then still
possible to have the kate repo auto-released with KDE SC like atm?

And if not, how is the splitting of modules like kdesdk or others be handled
then?

Greetings
Christoph