Keeping binary compatibility

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Sun Oct 3 16:48:31 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 06:23, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> perhaps we need a "internal to KDE SC" header install location?
>
> Application authors could still use them for apps outside the SC. How
> are we going to force them not to do that?

We can't. Just like we can't stop app developers from copying
non-installed header files from SVN and linking to private libraries.
Developers have an almost infinite number of ways available to shoot
themselves in the foot. As long as it's made clear that these are for
internal use, I don't see this as an issue.

Parker