[Kde-pim] Re: kdepimlibs and kdateedit

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 30 15:59:38 CET 2010

On Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:31:45 Tom Albers wrote:
> > My concern is that if we give it six more months we'll be at the same
> > point
> > for 4.7 (since PIM and Extragear tend to use only released kdelibs).
>
> In a month trunk is open and you can fix them all, no six months there.
> Only some ifdefs for extragear apps probably, but you would need those now
> as well probably, right?
>
> > I'm
> > definitely not interested in doing this work again, it's already been
> > painful
> > enough
>
> If you are going to blackmail me with 'now or never', by all means commit.
> I've no intention in upsetting you or destroying this valueable work. I
> only want optimal KDE releases.

I think this is a special case, because the work we'll get (including risks of
breakage) without this patch seems higher than with it.

While we should try to respect our own freezes and schedules, this seems to be
a case where additional API makes it easier to stabilize 4.6 (see David's
comment about KAlarm).

Now I don't want to step on anyone's toes, or confuse people, this is just
what I think after reading this thread. Feel free to ignore me, especially
since I'm not personally affected by this change.
--
sebas