[Kde-pim] Re: kdepimlibs and kdateedit

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Nov 27 16:30:09 CET 2010

On Thursday 4 November 2010 10:08:45 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Thursday 4 November 2010 09:52:41 John Layt wrote:
> > I'd like to see all the date/time widgets in KDE reviewed and amalgamated
> > as much as possible in kdelibs, or at least made consistent in behaviour
> > and appearance.  I just didn't have the time in 4.6.  Unless you really
> > want to move them to kdepimlibs for 4.6, I'd be happy to make it one of
> > my priority items for 4.7.
>
> I think I've the most refined copy in zanshin. I was planning to push it in
> kdelibs for 4.6 but couldn't find the time. Actually I was also waiting for
> some feedback of the Skrooge guys who have yet another copy, but I didn't
> hear from them... I should poke the relevant person again I think. :-)

OK, turns out I could sit with Stephane Mankowski today during the KDE Hacking
Session in Toulouse and we made KDateEdit ready for inclusion in kdelibs.
Timing wise it's rather unfortunate since we're after the freeze. For sure we
can land this improved version in kdelibs 4.7, but if the release team agrees
to an exception I could take the time to make it into 4.6.

@Release team: Go, No-Go?

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net