[Kde-graphics-devel] libkmap and libkface moved to kdereview

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 25 11:30:32 CET 2010

On 25.11.10 08:40:05, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2010/11/24 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > A Dimecres, 24 de novembre de 2010, Gilles Caulier va escriure:

> >> digiKam already have an hard depency to marble, about geolocation
> >> feature, since 1.0.0 release. there is no problem with that...
> >
> > Well, yes it is, as it is now, moving it to kdegraphics will make kdegraphics
> > not compile if you don't have kdeedu installed, and that is totally
> > unacceptable.
>
> Do you mean that it will be more logic to host libkmap with KDEEDU or
> better, into marble as well ?

No the point is that there must be no interdependencies between two
modules. So if two modules need a shared library it needs to go into
kdelibs (or kdepimlibs for pim-libraries) or it needs to be a completely
external dependencies outside of any of the KDE modules.

Andreas

--
Ships are safe in harbor, but they were never meant to stay there.