[Kde-graphics-devel] libkmap and libkface moved to kdereview

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 22:55:36 CET 2010

2010/11/24 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> A Dilluns, 22 de novembre de 2010, Gilles Caulier va escriure:
>> Hi KDE teams,
>>
>> This summer, digiKam team has work on 2 new features : face detection
>> and reverse geo-coding.
>>
>> These features have been implemented during Google Summer of code 2010.
>> You can see more information at these pages :
>>
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Digikam/CodingSprint2010
>>
>> For Face detection we have implemented a shared library named "libkface"
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/libkface/
>>
>> For Reverse-Geocoding we have implemented another shared library named
>> "libkmap"
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/libkmap/
>>
>> Both libraries have been hosted in a dedicated branch from KDE
>> subversion repository. Following Albert Astals Cid tips from
>> review-team mailing list, i moved this code to trunk/kdereview for 2
>> weeks. Code is open for review by KDE developers.
>>
>> The plan is to include libkmap and libkface to kdegraphics/libs with
>> KDE 4.7. These libraries are shared between digiKam/kipi-plugins, and
>> of course with others part of KDE applications.
>>
>> As you can see, in digiKam and kipi-plugins 2.0 release plan targeted
>> for may 2011, but this can be delayed if problem occurs :
>>
>> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan
>>
>> Remember that digiKam team already maintain 3 shared libraries named
>> libkipi, libkexiv2, and
>> libkdcraw into kdegraphics/libs.
>>
>> if all is fine, somebody can plan to patch KDE 4.7 plan to include
>> this libraries in TODO list ?
>
> libkmap seems to have a hard dependency on marble, in the past we didn't want
> those, nor sure if that rule is still there. But if it is not, can you turn
> that hard dependency into a soft one, please?

digiKam already have an hard depency to marble, about geolocation
feature, since 1.0.0 release. there is no problem with that...

> Seems like you are missing const in some getter functions like
> GeoCoordinates::Pair getSelectionRectangle();

This is a question for Michael...

> Also AbstractMarkerTiler is all inline and has no d-pointer, not sure if you
> plan maintaining binary compatibility on this lib or not.

idem...

> libkface seems to embed a copy of libface, sure you don't want to use the
> system one?

It's optional. In fact we (digiKam team) working on libface project.
We do the same with libraw in libkdcraw. it's to reduce the depencies
big puzzle.

> Can not compile libkface, i guess the problem is
> -- ERROR: OpenCV was not found.
> instead of that can you please use macro_log_feature and give some info of
> what that is and where to get it?

Already reported in digikam-devel, few day ago. investiguations are in
progress by Marcel...

Gilles Caulier