KDE 4.6 Beta1 tarballs (4.5.80) uploaded

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Nov 22 23:06:43 CET 2010

On Monday 22 November 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> You probably don't have libktorrent installed at all. Because there's no
> way this can build with any released libktorrent. The InitLibKTorrent
> function was added only in libktorrent master (trunk), by this commit:
> http://gitweb.kde.org/libktorrent.git/commitdiff/455666929e36028b3bba52016a
> 9e7e58eb02ef86
>
> libktorrent 1.0.x doesn't need any initialization and it doesn't have that
> function.
>
> Lukas, if you want to support 1.0.x, you must use a CMake symbol test or
> something like that.

Quick hack for those of us who need this building against 1.0.4 now:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=kdenetwork.git;a=blob;f=kdenetwork-4.5.80-libktorrent-stable.patch;h=b8edfad0a226a1bd690c85856381da653e3b5f89;hb=HEAD
http://urlx.eu/_NDExMA

It's not a good fix for upstream because it removes the needed initialization
for libktorrent master. We need either a CMake check for the symbol and an
#ifdef to use it only when available, or a (pre)release of libktorrent to
depend on and a CMake check for that minimum version. But the quick hack makes
it work for packaging.

        Kevin Kofler