KDE 4.6 Beta1 tarballs (4.5.80) uploaded

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Nov 21 22:30:52 CET 2010

On Sunday 21 November 2010, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Saturday 20 November 2010 2:52:04 pm Rex Dieter wrote:
> > On 11/19/2010 01:44 PM, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > > I just finished uploading the first set of tarballs.. I believe I need
> > > a couple of more tarballs for those to work properly (akonadi etc),
> > > working on  that now.
> > >
> > > Please let me know of urgent fixes/compile issues in those tar balls.
> >
> > Need a newer soprano release (=> 2.5.60).
>
> Rex,
>
> I think you are really asking for a tags/kdesupport-for-4.6, no?

Well, as packagers, we'd like actual tarballs, with a defined version number,
not just tags. Because with the tags, we still have to check them out, tar
them up and figure out what version number to give to them. RPM requires a
tarball as input, not a tag.

I realize that making actual releases is not the top priority doing the
development phase (doing development is), but easily-packagable (pre)releases
make it easier for us to offer them in testing repositories (in Fedora's case,
Rawhide and kde-redhat unstable), which leads to better prerelease testing for
all of us.

        Kevin Kofler