including libkmap and libkface to kdegraphics/libs for KDE 4.6...

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Nov 19 20:22:29 CET 2010

A Dimarts, 16 de novembre de 2010, Gilles Caulier va escriure:
> Thanks Albert to guide me...
>
> 2010/11/5 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > A Divendres, 5 de novembre de 2010, Gilles Caulier va escriure:
> >> Hi KDE release team,
> >
> > Hi
> >
> >> This summer, digiKam team has work on 2 new features : face detection
> >> and reverse geocoding.
> >>
> >> These features have been implemented using Google Summer of code 2010.
> >> You can see more information at these pages :
> >>
> >> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Digikam/CodingSprint2010
> >>
> >> For Face detection we have implemented a shared library named "libkface"
> >>
> >> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/graphics/libkface/
> >>
> >> For Reverse-Geocoding we have implemented another shared library named
> >> "libkmap"
> >>
> >> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/graphics/libkmap/
> >>
> >> Both libraries are hosted in a dedicated branche from KDE subversion
> >> repository.
> >>
> >> As you can see, in digiKam release plan, 2.0 version is planed for may
> >> 2011
> >>

> >> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan
> >>
> >> To be able to share this libraries between digiKam/kipi-plugins and
> >> others part of KDE applications, we have planed to move this code from
> >> GoSC2010 branche to kdegraphics/libs. Remember that digiKam team
> >> already maintain 3 shared libraries named libkipi, libkexiv2, and
> >> libkdcraw.
> >>
> >> To have digiKam and kipi-plugins 2.0 compatibile with KDE 4.6, it will
> >> be nice to move libkmap and libkface to kdegraphics/libs soon, if you
> >> are agree of course.
> >
> > They need to go thorugh kdereview first and need kdegraphics maintainer
> > to get added to the module.
>
> Ok, I just need to copy this code from GOSC2010 branche to kdereview ?

Yep

> I don't need to contact somebody before ?

No, you need to mail kde-core-devel and the relevant mailing list
(kdegraphics-devel?) afterwards saying you did the move and hopefully people
will review your code, after 2 weeks if noone disagrees the review is marked
as "done"

> > From my i18n perspective it seems worrying none of the two projects has a
> > Messages.sh file (not sure if both needed it but at least libkmap seems
> > to have i18n calls).
>
> It's fixed now.

Nice :-)

> >> What do you think about ? This plan still compatible with KDE 4.6
> >> release rules :
> >>
> >> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.6_Release_Schedule
> >
> > Unless you had the intention to include those libraries in the feature
> > plan, no, it is not compatible with the release rules.
> >
> > That doesn't mean that if the rest (especially kdegraphics maintainer)
> > agrees we can make an exception.
>
> OK. it can be included to kdegraphics/libs for KDE 4.7. It's enough.

Ok.

Albert