including libkmap and libkface to kdegraphics/libs for KDE 4.6...

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Nov 5 20:06:11 CET 2010

A Divendres, 5 de novembre de 2010, Gilles Caulier va escriure:
> Hi KDE release team,

Hi

> This summer, digiKam team has work on 2 new features : face detection
> and reverse geocoding.
>
> These features have been implemented using Google Summer of code 2010.
> You can see more information at these pages :
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Digikam/CodingSprint2010
>
> For Face detection we have implemented a shared library named "libkface"
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/graphics/libkface/
>
> For Reverse-Geocoding we have implemented another shared library named
> "libkmap"
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/graphics/libkmap/
>
> Both libraries are hosted in a dedicated branche from KDE subversion
> repository.
>
> As you can see, in digiKam release plan, 2.0 version is planed for may 2011
> :
>
> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan
>
> To be able to share this libraries between digiKam/kipi-plugins and
> others part of KDE applications, we have planed to move this code from
> GoSC2010 branche to kdegraphics/libs. Remember that digiKam team
> already maintain 3 shared libraries named libkipi, libkexiv2, and
> libkdcraw.
>
> To have digiKam and kipi-plugins 2.0 compatibile with KDE 4.6, it will
> be nice to move libkmap and libkface to kdegraphics/libs soon, if you
> are agree of course.

They need to go thorugh kdereview first and need kdegraphics maintainer to get
added to the module.

From my i18n perspective it seems worrying none of the two projects has a
Messages.sh file (not sure if both needed it but at least libkmap seems to
have i18n calls).

> What do you think about ? This plan still compatible with KDE 4.6
> release rules :
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.6_Release_Schedule

Unless you had the intention to include those libraries in the feature plan,
no, it is not compatible with the release rules.

That doesn't mean that if the rest (especially kdegraphics maintainer) agrees
we can make an exception.

Albert