KDE SC 4.6 Schedule

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Fri May 21 22:48:17 CEST 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010 12:41:54 +0200, Will Stephenson <wstephenson at kde.org>
wrote:
> With my distribution hat on I'm wondering when KDE SC 4.6 will come out.

Hi Will,

If we aim for the end of january, I suggest the schedule below. In
trunk/playground/utils/releaseschedule I've just committed an application
which can help us create this schedule automatically. If anyone wants to
play with different freeze times, feel free, it has loads of settings to
fiddle with. Beta testers also welcome :)

Proposed 4.6.0 schedule as generated by this application:

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - Soft Feature Freeze
Trunk is frozen for feature commits that are not listed in the  planned
feature document. Only bugfixes and the code implementing the listed
features are to be committed after this date. The feature list also closes
today.

Features not already finished or not listed on the planned features page
will have to wait until the next KDE SC release.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - Soft Message Freeze
All translated messages (GUI strings) are frozen on this date. Only
previously untranslated strings or clear errors in strings can be fixed. No
major new strings changes should be done. It is ok to remove strings.
Exception: Artwork (try to keep the number of new strings low anyways).
Exception: Typo fixes can be fixed until Beta2 is released but you have to
mail kde-i18n-doc saying you made a typo fix change.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - Soft API Freeze
To allow the bindings people to have proper time to do their work in
preparation to the final release, the API should now be mostly fixed.
Changing API is allowed, but commits have to be cc'ed to the kde-bindings
mailinglist. This is including older APIs and newly introduced
libraries/APIs.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - Dependency Freeze