The future of 4.4.x?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon May 3 11:33:34 CEST 2010

On Saturday 01 May 2010 09:55:38 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On Saturday 01 May 2010 00:41:05 Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > now that 4.4.3 is being released, it is interesting to know
> > whether there will be other 4.4.x releases. Are you planning
> > anything there?
>
> I am in favour of a 4.4.4 as 4.5.0 won't be before the 4th August so 3
> months  away.
> There were fixes already pushed in and it will polish it even more.
>
> I suggest mid June and I would also suggest that 2 weeks before tag we
> advertize the release on kde-devel and kde-core-devel mailing mails to
> encourage people to have a look at it and fix some bug reports, especially
> if it's the last release.

Agree. We should also remind people of putting their fixes in the changelog at that
opportunity. I think such an email makes sense in general, before releases. A
steady stream of information what's going on with KDE releases is probably
appreciated by everybody.

I hope I'll be able to spend a bit more structured time there in the future.
--
sebas