KDE SC 4.5 schedule

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 26 21:34:24 CET 2010

hi :)

Toma has noted that he won't be available to draft the 4.5 schedule. This is
something that needs to get done. Here's a draft based on the 4.3 schedule to
get us started with:

April 26th, 2009: Soft Feature Freeze
May 18th, 2009: Hard Feature Freeze
May 19th, 2009: Message Freeze.
May 19th, 2009: Tag KDE 4.5 Beta 1
May 26th, 2009: Release KDE 4.5 Beta 1
June 2nd, 2009: Documentation/Handbook Freeze
June 2nd, 2009: Tag KDE 4.5 Beta 2
June 9th, 2009: Release KDE 4.5 Beta 2
June 23rd, 2009: Artwork and Bindings Freeze
June 23rd, 2009: Tag KDE 4.5 RC 1
June 30th, 2009: Release KDE 4.5 RC 1
.. RC as needed ..
July 28th, 2009: Tag KDE 4.5
August 4th, 2009: Release KDE 4.5

The main difference being this and the 4.3 schedule is two weeks less spent in
beta. In part this would be because we're publishing the schedule so late in
the cycle, and in part motivated by my experience that the beta cycles are
pretty long as it is. There's also only two weeks between beta 1 and beta 2,
more in line with the more aggressive beta release schedule.

Since this really isn't my area of forte, input is quite welcome :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se