KDEPIM 4.5 Planning

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Jun 29 01:33:29 CEST 2010

Howdy,

As you are probably aware, kdepim will be withheld from the upcoming KDE SC 4.5 Release.

You should be able to use kdepim 4.4 along with the kdepim 4.4 translations with
the rest of KDE SC 4.5; ie. kdepim 4.4 should compile and work with the libraries
from kdelibs 4.5 and kdepimlibs 4.5.

We hope to make a production-ready kdepim 4.5 available concurrently with
KDE SC 4.5.1 or KDE SC 4.5.2, depending on how well our beta testing goes.

A first beta for kdepim 4.5 will be tagged and a tarball created (and put on the FTP servers)
within the next couple days.  With the second beta due  2 weeks thereafter.

The schedule is (perhaps overly optimistic):
30 Jun:  kdepim 4.5 beta1
15 Jul:  kdepim 4.5 beta2
29 Jul:  kdepim 4.5 rc1
12 Aug: kdepim 4.5 rc2
26 Aug: kdepim 4.5 final  (I believe KDE SC 4.5.1 will also be tagged this day)

Translators: messages and docs are frozen in kdepim 4.5 so no new strings should
be appearing in the kdepim 4.5 branch.

KDEPIM Developers: Thomas will re-branch a 4.5 from trunk tomorrow morning.
Please do all your bug fixing for the 4.5 release in the 4.5 branch -- no new strings
without translator approval.

I think that covers everything.  Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Allen