Unannounced optional runtime dependency for SC 4.5: Cagibi 0.1 in kdesupport

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jul 20 23:57:28 CEST 2010

Hi Maciej,

Mardi, le 20 juillet 2010, à 05:29, Maciej Mrozowski a écrit:
> On Tuesday 13 of July 2010 23:04:26 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > due to a broken laptop and other real life circumstances I completely
> > missed to announce in time another, while optional and at runtime,
> > dependency for the SC 4.5 release, for the network:/ kio-slave in
> >
> > kdebase/runtime/kioslave/network:
> > 	Cagibi 0.1(.0) from kdesupport (tagged in /tags/cagibi/0.1.0)
> >
> > Cagibi is a daemon for SSDP (the discovery part of UPnP) and, if
> > accessable via D-Bus, used to also show UPnP devices/services in the
> > network:/ kio-slave listings, otherwise silently ignore that data
> > source. If the url info is present, a click on the UPnP device/service
> > item will forward the user to the web interface of the respective
> > device/service, e.g. of the router or media server.
> >
> > There is no cmake check (yet), as I had no idea how to test for a service
> > only accessed via D-Bus (direct D-Bus calls, no D-Bus api xml installed
> > yet to test for). So you won't have noticed this dependency from the
> > builds.
> >
> > I (and some users) might be happy if you still consider adding Cagibi as
> > official optional dependency, also by adding it to
> > tags/kdesupport-for-4.5
> >
> > :) If not, no harm is done, but it would be good to get this stuff out in
>
> I'm afraid you would need to release official cagibi source tarball to have
> it considered by distro packagers (especially before adding it as a
> buildsystem dependency). Until then likely nobody is going to pick it up.

Alright, thanks for the hint.
Uploaded a tarball + lsm file to
ftp://upload.kde.org/incoming/stable/KDE4.x
with the implicite request (by lsm primay-site entry) to put this tarball to
fto://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/cagibi

As this is my first time uploading to upload.kde.org since many years,
anything else I need to do which is not described in the files on the ftp
server?

Once the tarball is published there I should also make a more formal
announcemen on kde-announce and o my blog, too, I guess.

Cheers
Friedrich
--
KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta