KDE 4.4 RC1 (4.3.90) tarballs uploaded

Christophe Giboudeaux cgiboudeaux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:31:56 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 07 January 2010 14:28:22 Eric Hameleers wrote:

> Here, kdelibs 4.3.90 fails to find shared-desktop-ontologies. The
> 4.3.85 tarball did not have any problem finding and using
> shared-desktop-ontologies.
> The shared-desktop-ontologies which I have installed has not changed
> at all in the meantime (this is v0.2).
>
> I see that kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindSharedDesktopOntologies.cmake has
> changed since, to make v 0.2 a requirement (the previous version
> would just use /usr/share/ontologies as a fallback which is indeed
> correct)

Well, no, this wasn't correct. When SDO 0.2 wasn't found, CMake was indeed
looking in /usr/share/ontologies and was setting SDO_FOUND = true even if the
required version didn't match the one installed.

> but I do not understand why cmake does not find my installed
> SDO 0.2. I have
> /usr/share/cmake/SharedDesktopOntologies/SharedDesktopOntologiesConfig.cmak
> e with this content:

The only reason I see is the CMake version.
cmake < 2.6.3 will only look in $prefix/share/SharedDesktopOntologies/cmake/.
Any higher version will also look in
$prefix/share/cmake/SharedDesktopOntologies/

Christophe.