KDE Feel Good Release Planning

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jan 6 18:51:58 CET 2010

Tacky title notwithstanding, Dirk will tag -rc1 later tonight. We want this to be a
Feel Good release, and settled with the following (for now, you might want to object,
in that case: do it now):

- Tagging of rc1 tonight, in the coming hours
- RC1 gets out as soon as it "Feels Good", i.e. builds and is not an obvious lemon
- Branching 4.4/ and re-opening trunk happens when tagging RC2 (19th Jan) (*)

The rest, we want to keep as is laid out in the schedule.

After branching , we would like to stress that your main work branch is 4.4 then, so
we can iron out a bunch of more kinks and make people even happier about 4.4.1
(remember, that's what they'll all be using for half a year or more).

As to the later branching, it's a balance between "we want people to actually run and
polish the release" and "we don't want to hold back to many people by too strict
commit rules in the freeze".

If everybody's OK with this, I'll change techbase.

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.4_Release_Schedule

sebas