How to release an extragear app?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Feb 27 18:51:56 CET 2010

On 02/27/2010 06:26 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Besides tagging, tarballing, branching, notifying packagers and writing
> a dot-announcement is there anything else I need to take care of?

Here's some mails about this I wrote recently:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-extra-gear&m=124927007024432&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-extra-gear&m=124928664908058&w=2

The checklist has changed a bit recently, e.g. because
the tarballs are now on download.kde.org which implies
6h or so of mirror syncing before being able to do the
public announcements, and because there are new commu-
nication channels like Facebook that the release is
also announced on, and because of the move to git (now
using a homecooked tool rather than create_tarball atm),
but that's basically it.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein