Last-Minute API-Change to 4.4 Kate Interface possible?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Feb 8 20:43:16 CET 2010

Hello Team!

I sadly have to admit that I messed up a new API in the HighlightInterface for
Kate which was not spotted in the review period until just now by Jowenn:

KTextEditor::Document has the methods mode() and modes() and also
highlightingMode() and highlightingModes()

the new Interface now has currently the two methods

embeddedModes() and modeAt()

These two should be renamed to

embeddedHighlightingModes() and highlightingModeAt()

Would this still be possible or is the change too minor to justify this last-
minute hickup? See Patch attached.

If it doesn't get in I'll simply deprecate the Interface for 4.5 and do it
properly then. It's just a huge inconvenience for anybody (== Developer) that
would like to use the new API. As you can see it is very confusing already (it
got me already while implementing it :D) and I don't want to make it even more
confusing with the new Interface

I'm really sorry!

Maybe if something more important turns up that also requires a change, you
could push this one in as well? Anyway... I just wanted to try!

Good night
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de