KDE 4.6 branch has been created

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Dec 22 14:49:28 CET 2010

Hi,

I've created a KDE 4.6 branch under branches/KDE/4.6 containing the state of
KDE 4.5.90 (RC1 proposed tarballs), however it also includes kdepim. My
understanding was that KDE pim will be building their 4.6 beta releases based
from branches/KDE/4.6, but that remains to be discussed still.

The magic SVN revision is -r1208577. Any commit to trunk/ after that date has
not been included in KDE 4.6 RC1 and will not become part of KDE 4.6.0
*unless* you svn backport the change to branches/KDE/4.6.

For translations/documentation, currently no branching has happened,
trunk/l10n-kde4 remains the place for documentation for KDE 4.6. We'll adjust
this shortly.

Note that due to the non-existing message-merging (which needs to be converted
now), string changes are not processed on 4.6 branch at the moment, and you
shouldn't commit any of those. That should be fine as a string freeze is
currently in the release schedule.

Please keep release-team at kde.org in the loop. if you have any questions,
please feel free to raise your question there.

Thanks,
Dirk