phonon-4.3.1 tarballs gone

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Oct 29 21:28:00 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009, Ingmar Vanhassel wrote:
> Excerpts from Martin Sandsmark's message of Wed Oct 28 15:34:37 +0100
2009:
> >  Onsdag 28. oktober 2009 14.40.47 skrev Ingmar Vanhassel :
> > > When ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.2.1 was removed recently, the
> > > newest phonon release (phonon-4.3.1.tar.bz2) was removed from KDE
> > > mirrors too. Maybe it could be re-uploaded somewhere?
> > > I hope this is the correct list, if not, my apologies.
> >
> > Phonon is released as a part of Qt.
>
> I know. phonon-xine isn't, and that's what this tarball provides.

The stuff in  ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.2.1  simply got moved to
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/Attic/4.2.1

I had no idea this would create a problem for phonon, though.
But that phonon tarball includes also phonon itself, I presume? This sounds
quite messy then; it sounds like we should make a phonon-xine-only tarball,
right?