Tagging & Release delayed for KDE SC 4.4-beta1

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 30 18:26:50 CET 2009

On 30.11.09 15:27:05, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to understand what kde-qt is versus 4.6-branch from Qt git. I was
> told recently that kde-qt is not synched with Qt git repo and that some fixes
> are already in Qt git repo and not in kde-qt thus some crashes are already
> fixed.
> If so, why do we use kde-qt?

I didn't check, but 4.6-patched in kde-qt is after rc1, so its relatively
new. Whats really lagging behind (and thats the same in official qt) is
4.6-stable/4.6-stable-patched. I don't recall the exact definition of
-stable, but it might include the tier2 platforms and Thiago mentioned some
time ago that they have build-issues on one.

> and what Qt is recommanded for beta 1?

That depends on who you're asking. Qt devs will tell you to use Qt and
kde devs will tell you to use kde-qt. At least thats my experience.

Andreas

--
Bridge ahead.  Pay troll.