KDevelop beta3 release mess

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 30 11:45:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

it seems that some friendly helpful soul uploaded 0.9.93 tarballs that I
put on upload.kde.org last weekend. At that time they weren't in the
right place and Stephan Binner said I should move them to the
pub/unstable/kdevelop/<version> place as soon as I got permission for
that. Unfortunately I don't have permission yet (I sent my ssh keys to
Dirk on wednesday, but haven't heard back from him). In the meantime it
seems someone picked the tarballs and moved them instead of me.

As I didn't know about that move, we've meanwhile retagged and wanted to
merge two more crash fixes into the beta3 tag in svn. So now we have the
tarballs on the ftp mirrors and they don't match the tag that has been
created.

Question is: Whats the best way to solve this - change the tag back and
release a beta4 with a new tag once I have upload privileges? Or should
I just replace the tarballs once I have upload privileges and notify
kde-packagers, additionally to a dot-announcement, blog and news-item on
our website?

Andreas

--
You'll never be the man your mother was!