KDE 4.2.5?

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Fri May 29 22:51:08 CEST 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009 18:26:26 Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Can we decide now if there will be a 4.2.5 release?
> If not, then that saves us some unneeded backporting work.
>
> Recall we stopped at 4.1.4.
> IMO we should stop at 4.2.4.
>
> Let's decide very soon and I'll communicate the decision to all developers.

I would like to request something in between; still do some backports, but
only in some special cases, at least until 4.3final is out.

The special cases I could imagine would probably be something like:
 - "grave" bugs (dataloss & too frequent crashes to make the app usable and
such) - and maybe with a CCMAIL: kde-packager
 - gcc 4.4 (and such)  compile fixes.
 - maybe other cases that I haven't yet thought of, but of a similar
"severity" and impact.

That way, distributions and others who cares can get "blessed" backport
patches of the problems, which is kind of preferred.

/Sune
--
How to close the sendmail?

You must send the digital gadget, this way then from Mandrake MkLinux you
neither should ever cancel a laser BIOS operating system on a pointer to the
folder to a SCSI wordprocessor, nor can ever ping the window over a processor
to reset the SIMM.