RFC v3: adding a temporary, non-BC gauranteed, 'private' library (was RFC v2)

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed May 6 13:59:45 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Till Adam wrote:

> For what it's worth, and since I raised a medium size stink about this on
> IRC this morning, I think this is a good solution, and one that makes our
> (for various values of our) lives much easier than the initially suggested
> extragear/libs way.
>
> Thanks for hashing this out,

Why was this added to kdelibs instead of kdebase/workspace like other
libraries of that kind? We had the same issue with libplasma before, and the
other modules also depend on kdebase/workspace anyway.

I think calling it kdelibs-experimental is still kdelibs.

In addition, what is the underlying reason for *requiring*it from most modules
but not writing a proper cmake check?

Thanks,
Dirk