oxygen icons moved

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sat Mar 28 12:01:39 CET 2009

Alle sabato 28 marzo 2009, Cyrille Berger ha scritto:
> Lets say application A need
> icons "cool_icon", which will only be available in KDE4.3, but application
> A is released before KDE4.3, solution for developers of application A: ship
> "cool_icon" and (forget to) remove it when 4.3 is available and becomes a
> required dependency for application A.

That is perfectly fine, as long as (as written in my other email) the versions
installed by the application are provided
a) locally in the application datadir
b) in the hicolour namespace
This way, when the icon theme will provide the "cool_icon" (installed
globally) needed by the application, it will override (as in runtime loading
of the icon, not as in file overwriting) the local application version.

--
Pino Toscano