KDE 4.2.2 tarballs (try #1) uploaded

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Fri Mar 27 14:02:25 CET 2009

On Friday 27 of March 2009 09:33:07 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Freitag, 27. März 2009 13:10:30 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Well, then move oxygen-icons from tags/KDE/4.2.2 to
> > branches/kdesupport-for-4.2 as it belongs there and then remove
> > kdebase/runtime/icons/oxygen from
> > branches/KDE/4.2 and retag kdebase.
>
> The problem is that tags/KDE/4.2.2/oxygen-icons is copied from trunk and
> that is not compatible with KDE 4.2. Some icons are missing or are renamed.
>
> So, I see too solutions here:
> 1) move branches/KDE/4.2/kdebase/runtime/pics/oxygen to
> branches/kdesupport- for-4.2/oxygen-icons and create the tag in 4.2.2 fro
> mthat one
> 2) forget about a separate oxygen-icons package in KDE 4.2 and keep it in
> kdebase-runtime

Independent or move/copy, etc.. i decided go in this way here:
Package oxygen tarball
Remove oxygen from kdebase-runtime package.

If there is some missing icons on oxygen tarball, it's time to throw up on
oxygen team to solve the mess. They discussed everything in the internal list
and just communicate us when the mess are done.
Many of the issues would not exists if they communicate with packagers and
dirk *before* take the decision.

Now, i expect that they figure out a better way to solve. But i think back to a
big kdebase-runtime package now is out of question for me.

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer