Qt MathML Widget

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 23 16:34:50 CET 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 20 March 2009, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > After some chat between John and me, we decided that, since KFormula might
> > want to use this QtMMLWidget code at some point but we want that KDE
> > applications start to take advantage of MathML as soon as possible.
> > Our idea has been to put it to kdesupport until KFormula has forked it (and
> > it is working) so that we can deprecate the QtSolution's in kdesupport. Then
> > KFormula's widget would go to kdelibs.
> >
> > Is that ok?
>
> Sounds ok. Mark clearly the kdesupport code as "do not use in your kde app"
> then. Not only because of SIC and BIC (which would be expected anyway
> until it's released) but because it will even go away once libkformula is done...

The alternative, of course, is to do all this in a work branch and commit the result
directly to kdereview for kdelibs. Depends if you expect to be done before 4.3 or not,
in fact: if yes then it doesn't make much difference and working in trunk saves
from regular merges; if no then working in a work branch prevents temporary classes
(and even a temporary lib) being released at 4.3 time.