pre-releases of rc1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jun 30 21:04:16 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 19:34:22 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> it could be avoided with a higher degree of coordination between upstream
> KDE, downstream packagers and the users of those packages. it's not the end
> of the world, but it was a surprise.

Sure, coordination would be great. At the moment I feel we might have a
misunderstanding on all sides and we are talking about different versions and
packages. And it seems the users who reported those bugs don't really know
what they are using either.

To clarify:
* We have put an repo called kde-unstable on our mirrors
* ATM we have packaged the 4.2.95 tars Dirk has uploaded to ktown
* These were created from tags/KDE/4.2.95 and are about revision 986427
* Except some gpgme related changes nothing was updated in that tag and those
  packages will be released as rc1

Some of those reports confuse me as well and it seems they are using something
else but not the packages provided by us. :-)

--

Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre