pre-releases of rc1

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jun 30 13:47:06 CEST 2009

On Monday 29 June 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> - the packages are only spread when the RC is actually out
> - the packages that are spread before that are not called RC, but something
>   indicating that it's indeed a more or less random snapshot

They're not a random snapshot, they're something that should be very close to
a release. usually we only fix build issues or severe problems in a particular
release, so that should be quite localized.

In any case,tagging with a particular svn revision of kdelibs is not enough,
you would need to tag all svn revisions, and svn revisions don't contain the
information which branch they were built from (release tarballs are built from
/tags, not from branches/KDE/x.y, and the same svn revision can mean
completely different things).

I don't see the reason for coming up with a solution before the problem is
understood. I've not seen any bugreports against RC1 that are confusion. which
ones? bugnubmers, query, examples please?

Greetings,
Dirk