KDE 4.3 RC1 preparations

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 11:11:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

Tonight we plan to tag RC1 according to the schedule. I'd plan to do that
tomorrow morning.

I need your help in assessing the current status:

a) are all dependent projects (akonadi,phonon and various libs) ready for a
release?

b) do we branch? it was my understanding based on the discussions that we want
to branch before this years akademy. I would like to start to branch then to
/branches/KDE/4.3 and tag the RC from there.

c) announce to kde-cvs-announce when the branching happened and what the next
steps are. I would like to avoid branching l10n-kde4 for now, but that means
that we have to change the documentation externals again, or hope that nobody
touches the documentation after branching. Any comments?

d) kdepim tarball splitting is now finalized?

Greetings,
Dirk