branches/KDE/4.3/kdebase/workspace/plasma/dataengines/keystate

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Jul 6 22:29:14 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag 05 Juli 2009 12:19:13 schrieb Michael Leupold:
> SVN commit 991554 by mleupold:
>
> Backport of r991543:
> Add the keystate engine to the build which I forgot when moving it from
> kdereview.
>
> While the engine currently doesn't feature a Plasmoid using it, the plan is
> to release one based on QtScript separately during the 4.3 release cycle.
> As an applet displaying the state of the modifier keys is still badly
> missing we decided it was important to ship this dataengine.
>
> I'm sorry for the inconveniences this causes - especially for the
> translation teams.
>
> CCMAIL:release-team at kde.org
> CCMAIL:kde-i18n-doc at kde.org
> CCMAIL:aseigo at kde.org
>
>  A             CMakeLists.txt
>  AM            Messages.sh
>  M  +1 -1      keyservice.cpp
>  M  +1 -1      keystate.cpp
>  M  +1 -1      keystate.h

[snip]

This Messages.sh extracts messages for translation to the catalog
plasma_engine_keystate.pot via the I18N_NOOP("foobar") makro.

But there is no use of a translation of "foobar" in the whole kdebase source
code (i18n call etc).

As far as i understand the i18n stuff, I18N_NOOP means extract but use the
literal string in this makro.

Can someone explain to me, why these messages are extracted for translation,
and how and where these translations are really never used?

--
Burkhard Lück