rc2?

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sat Jul 4 18:32:47 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> We used to only put them into a testing or special unstable repository. If
> that's a problem we can hold any packages back until the official
> announcement.

Yes, you should not pour the packagers over hundreds or thousands of users
before they're announced. It is fine to use them for testing/finding regressions
by circulating it within a small group of people that you know know and that
will help with debugging possible packaging issues vs upstream bugs.

> Another idea: What about weekly snapshots within the RC stage and forget
> about the one week delay for distributions? This way you might get a lot
> more last minute feedback.

Well, so far there haven't been that many commits in the 4.3 branch, where
weekly snapshots don't make sense yet.

I suggest to do a RC2 on Tuesday (assuming that there is internet available
during the KDE e.V. general assembly) and release them within a day or two.

Greetings,
Dirk