[Kde-games-devel] Regression testing

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 2 16:16:13 CEST 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009 15:02:48 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 02 Juli 2009 14:41:07 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> > I think there is a strong case for holding over Qt4.5 until KDE 4.4
> > and no case for dropping Kolf 1.9, which is an innocent bystander.
>
> The problem is that we break more apps by going back to Qt 4.4 (most
> prominently most of Plasma, as far as I know), as we break by staying with
> 4.5.

Yes, Plasma will show severe breakage with Qt 4.4. Lowering the requirement is
not an option if we want a functional desktop shell.

In this case, I'd actually opt for removing kolf from the release. It's not
ideal and painful, but as it seems, we have to decide between a broken Kolf
and a broken Plasma, Kolf, with all due respect is less critical for most of
our users.
--
sebas