[Kde-games-devel] Regression testing

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Wed Jul 1 23:03:00 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 01 Juli 2009 19:28:51 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > In the present case, we would NOT abandon Kolf.
> >
> > Rather we would abandon Qt 4.5 for now (i.e. hold it over till
> > KDE 4.4).
> Sadly it seems its a issue that's being ignored.

[I'm yet again pulling in release-team@ as my question is also directed 
towards them.]

What is if Kolf is not fixed in time? Everyone should agree that we can not 
ship software that is obviously broken (as in: absolutely unfunctional). Given 
the reaction on this topic (no one knows the reason, no one really has the 
time and/or desire to dig into this mess, and Kolf has no maintainer 
currently), it seems quite realistic that Kolf has to be removed from the 4.3 

My question is: What implications does that have on the timeline? Does removal 
of an application after RC1 imply RC2, or can we hold our schedule?

BTW I would also vote to also completely move Kolf 1.9 to tags/unmaintained, 
as I'm confident to get Kolf 2.0 ready in time for KDE 4.4. It will most 
probably not have as much features, but it would at least work. But that is 
another story which is not that urging.


P.S. Please keep both lists CCd.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/attachments/20090701/0331aa49/attachment.sig 

More information about the release-team mailing list