[Kde-games-devel] Regression testing

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Wed Jul 1 23:03:00 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 01 Juli 2009 19:28:51 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > In the present case, we would NOT abandon Kolf.
> >
> > Rather we would abandon Qt 4.5 for now (i.e. hold it over till
> > KDE 4.4).
>
> Sadly it seems its a issue that's being ignored.

[I'm yet again pulling in release-team@ as my question is also directed
towards them.]

What is if Kolf is not fixed in time? Everyone should agree that we can not
ship software that is obviously broken (as in: absolutely unfunctional). Given
the reaction on this topic (no one knows the reason, no one really has the
time and/or desire to dig into this mess, and Kolf has no maintainer
currently), it seems quite realistic that Kolf has to be removed from the 4.3
branch.

My question is: What implications does that have on the timeline? Does removal
of an application after RC1 imply RC2, or can we hold our schedule?

BTW I would also vote to also completely move Kolf 1.9 to tags/unmaintained,
as I'm confident to get Kolf 2.0 ready in time for KDE 4.4. It will most
probably not have as much features, but it would at least work. But that is
another story which is not that urging.

Greetings
Stefan

P.S. Please keep both lists CCd.