request to move 4.2.0 tag

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 01:42:05 CET 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> Hello Release Team,
>
> I've committed a simple fix to reported bug 178229. The bugfix itself is very
> simple. I'm not entirely shure about my kconfig_update-foo but I've tested the
> update script, logged out and in again to see if it ate the config file when it
> shouldn't and so on.
> So, it would be nice if you could move the 4.2.0 tag (if there already is one)
> to include this fix.

Wouldn't it be better to migrate from the old format to the new one, so that
users don't wonder why they have to re-accept all their bad certs another time?
Could be done either in kssld's code or in a standalone kde binary run by kconf_update.
The thing is, either we delay 4.2.0 to include the current fix because losing settings
in 4.2.1 would seem even worse (so it has to be in 4.2.0), or someone volunteers
to do the migration without losing the accepted certificates and then it can be
done in 4.2.1 (the 178229 crash in itself seems rare enough?)