KDE 4.2 and Qt 4.4 and qt-copy patches

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sun Jan 18 20:35:07 CET 2009

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 11:54:09 David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2009, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > qt-copy contains few patches that are really recommended if we want
> > run KDE 4.2 with Qt 4.4 without getting crashes here and there.
> >
> > Since there is no schedule of a Qt 4.4.4 anytime soon (Qt Software is
> > quite busy with Qt 4.5 and stuff), we may want to recommend
distribution
> > do ship some patches from qt-copy in our release notes.
>
> Yes, but the question is defining those patches that are fully correct and
> safe... There is no review process for qt-copy/patches at all (Qt Software
> is supposed to be the one reviewing qt patches normally ;), so there are
> good and not-so-good things in there, usually...

The reason we don't release Qt 4.4.4 is that we don't have time to go
thought all the usual Q.A. check. So i can only tell you what's in our actual
tree and has been reviewed at least once :

I browsed all the patches:  here are those that are in our Qt 4.4.4 repository
and should then be safe:

0253-qmake_correct_path_separators
0254-fix-qgraphicsproxywidget-deletion-crash
0260-fix-qgraphicswidget-deletionclearFocus
0262-fix-treeview-animation-crash
0265-fix-formlayoutcrash

0256 is not related to the task it claims.   but IIRC we had adressed this
issue but not with this exact patch.  I don't know wether this patch is
required or not, but according to  Szymon Tomasz Stefanek  it solve a
frequent crash in KMail with Qt 4.4.3

Patches that are in Qt 4.5:
0203, 0238, 0242, 0250, 0257, 0261, 0263, 0264

Patch that have not been looked yet:
0216, 0225, 0226, 0231, 0234, 0251, 0255

Others:
0167: a similar fix is in Qt 4.5
0180: rejected
0195: I don't know if it has been reported
0224:  doesn't seems to have been reported, but the code is not the same
anymore.
0245:  I don't know if it has been reported
0248: A Modified version is in Qt 4.5
0249:  no idea but probably in
0258: has been rejected