kdevplatform/kdevelop branching?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 7 18:43:13 CET 2009

On 07.01.09 17:09:13, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.01.09 15:19:03, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 January 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Leaves one question: We wanted to release beta1 with KDE 4.2.0, how do we
> > > best go about this? Do it the same way as done with the beta's, i.e. you
> > > fetch trunk/kdevplatform+trunk/kdevelop into the rc tags and put tarballs
> > > into the unstable/ directory? Or should we do this ourselves now that 4.2
> > > is in its own branch?
> >
> > Whatever you prefer, I'm fine with creating the tarballs together with KDE
> > 4.2.0 based on your svn revision information, or you can do it yourself.
>
> I'll take option 1, i.e. you create the tarballs. Thanks in advance.
>
> > Any preparational packages for beta1 before 4.2.0, e.g. something with RC1
> > this week?
>
> Yes, another alpha release with rc1 would be nice. I've created two new
> tags for kdevplatform and kdevelop just now with apropriate versions and
> requirements.

Just found out that there's a startup bug in the code (an illegal
instruction on QString::isEmpty()). So those tags are currently useless.

I'll try to fix this, but can't say when it'll be fixed. I think KDE 4.2rc1
will just have to live without an alpha of kdevelop/kdevplatform. Its not
such a big deal anyway as the time to the next release is pretty short.

Andreas

--
Don't look now, but the man in the moon is laughing at you.