kdevplatform/kdevelop branching?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 7 01:50:04 CET 2009

On 06.01.09 23:02:55, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We need to decide what to do with kdevplatform and kdevelop. At the moment it
> is under trunk/KDE, which means that it was copied also to /branches/KDE/4.2
>
> a) does kdevelop/kdevplatform stay on a seperate schedule?

Yes.

> b) if so, branching should be done later and outside /branches/KDE/4.2,
> correct?

Right. I'll do the branching once the code is ready for its rc.

Leaves one question: We wanted to release beta1 with KDE 4.2.0, how do we
best go about this? Do it the same way as done with the beta's, i.e. you
fetch trunk/kdevplatform+trunk/kdevelop into the rc tags and put tarballs
into the unstable/ directory? Or should we do this ourselves now that 4.2
is in its own branch?

Andreas

--
You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.