KDE 4.2 branched

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 20:46:21 CET 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 18:55:54 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> on our road towards KDE 4.2 RC1 tagging (tonight), I've just branched KDE
> 4.2 into /branches/KDE/4.2 from trunk/KDE svn revision 906698 (yes, I
> couldn't wait for 906700).
>
> Any commit after 906698 that is intended to be part of KDE 4.2 has to be
> backported to /branches/KDE/4.2
>
> Please note that branches/KDE/4.2 is feature frozen at this point and heads
> towards KDE 4.2 RC1 (tagged today 23:59 UTC).
>
> Translations are currently taken from branches/KDE/4.2 and merged into
> trunk/l10n-kde4. the branching of l10n-kde4 will happen with KDE 4.2.0
> release, so no change for translators for now.

And in case it wasn't clear: This means that trunk/ is open for feature
development again, though I would like to remind everybody to concentrate on
making 4.2 kick ass first, and to not forget to backport important fixes to
the 4.2 branch.

Personally, I felt that the (to my feeling) rather long freeze period was a
success as we've stabilized KDE4 a lot and as such now have a wonderful basis
for future work.
--
sebas