phonon 4.3.1 requires Qt 4.5? (and "Qt 4.5 and Phonon best practice ")

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.ch
Fri Feb 27 20:56:14 CET 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 19:23:11 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Just realized, at least one question remains:
> what about the xine backend (which is not included in qt)?

I'd really like to see the xine backend included in qt (gstreamer was
not a good choice for the default...), but given that probably won't
happen, until there's something else to do (like having the xine
backend in kdelibs or kdemultimedia?), we're going to do the
reverse of what we're doing now -- build Qt with phonon and
actually package it, then build standalone phonon and remove
everything but the xine backend.

Not totally nice, but workable...

ttyl
bero